Concealed Carry Requirements
In order for an Ohio resident to obtain a concealed carry license they must meet the following requirements, in accordance with Ohio Revised Code Section 2923.125(A):
1. at least 21 years of age
2. An Ohio resident at least 45 days and a resident of the county of application (or an adjacent county) for at least 30 days.
3. New applicants must have received a Certificate of Competency as specified in ORC Section 2923.125(B)(3)(a), (b),(c),(e), or (f), within 3 years prior to the date of application, covering the training requirements as specified in ORC Section 2923.125(G)(1) and (G)(2).
Documentation that proves the applicant:
A. is an active or reserve member of the US military
B. Retired law enforcement officer
C. Has been honorably discharged from US military or retired from a law enforcement agency
D. And through the participation in above employment the applicant acquired experience in handling handguns and that experience is equivalent to Training Requirements of 2923.125(B)(3) (a), (b), or (c).
4. Applicant is not disqualified pursuant to criminal background check or mental incompetency check, as specified in ORC 2923.125(D)(1)(d), (e), (f), (g), (h), (i), or (j), or retired as a result of a mental disability.
5. Must have a 2′ X 2′ color Passport photo taken within 30 days of the application.
6. Attest that applicant has read pamphlet provided by the Attorney General’s Office as specified, and also attest the handgun shall be carried for a lawful purpose.
7. Non-refundable fee