Concealed Carry Revocation Process
Sheriff shall revoke license:
1. Failed to meet or fraudulently obtain to meet criteria in 2923.125(D)
2. Convicted or pled guilty to disqualifying Offense
3. Subject to Civil Protection Order or Temporary Protection Order
4. Knowingly carries handgun into prohibited place
5. Adjudicated mentally incompetent
Notify licensee by letter sent certified mail the reason for revocation
Licensee may come to the Sheriff’s office to contest within 14 days of notice mailing.
If upheld Sheriff shall revoke and licensee must surrender immediately.
Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (25)
The mission of the Muskingum County Sheriff’s Office is to promote, preserve, and deliver a feeling of security, safety and quality in services provided to all members of our community.
On behalf of Sheriff Matt Lutz, we would like to welcome you to the Muskingum County Sheriff’s Office web site. Founded March 1, 1804, Muskingum County is located in east-central Ohio, approximately 45 miles east of Columbus. We have a population of over 85,000 in an area of 664 square miles. The Sheriff’s Office employs […]