The Records Bureau is open Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm, however submissions or requests for some items are accepted only during certain days and/or times. We have outlined these on their respective pages on this web site. If you have any questions or need clarification, please call the Records Bureau prior to coming to the Office.
Our Records Bureau is responsible for the following:
- Transcribing, filing and maintaining all reports taken by the Sheriff’s Office, including criminal reports, auto accidents, and traffic citations
- Processing reports and pertinent paperwork for the filing of criminal charges, and for court
- Processing background check requests by individuals and businesses for such purposes as employment, housing, adoption, foster care and child care purposes (See Background Checks page for types, fees and hours for processing.)
- Filing traffic accident reports with the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- Processing data to the FBI for Uniform Crime statistics
- Processing data to BCI&I for domestic violence statistics
- Processing individual, attorney and insurance company requests for reports
In April of 2004 the Records Bureau was given a new responsibility when the Ohio Concealed Carry Law came into effect. The records clerks process the Conceal Carry applications and issue the licenses after the applications have been approved by the Sheriff.
Phone: (740) 452-3637
Records Fax: (740) 455-7924